Wednesday 1 May 2013

Diciotto

Yes, it's that time again. Time to vote, time to exercise your rights, time to show who rules the land.  Oh here I go with a political post.

Though some may say that the pre-election period, or the campaigning period, is just the tip of the iceberg and is viewed to be as just a teaser to what's in store, I find it to be nevertheless the most colourful time.  You really see people's true colours. I'm not just talking about the political leaders and their manifestos or their (empty?) promises. I'm also talking about Malaysians in general.  Your parents, your batch mates, your close friends. Surprise after surprise.

The conservative ones are rooting for the opposition.  As to the liberal ones? Some are for the opposition,  and some staying with the ol' coalition. I'm not saying this applies to everyone I know, but a notable number lah.   Now I have no real problem who you choose to vote for. It is your right, so you may exercise it as you please.

I'm just annoyed with people who are so vocal in criticizing the past government but are not doing anything to change it.  Not voting, and it's not due to technical stuff like tak sempat register.  Has the current funding from the government blinded you?  Oh, yes, they're corrupted and everything but look! They're giving us money, so they must be good for something?

Honey, that scholarship money you're using? Yes, that, is not the government's money.  It didn't come directly from the Prime Minister's pocket.  It's the people's money. Taxpayers' moolah.  So spend wisely, too.  So your education is funded by the people, hence, your allegiance should be to the people as well.  If you wanna play that card. What is a government but a formal structure, where we the people insert our representatives into to voice our concerns and opinions.

We have to think about the long run.  The long term goals.  You are given the choice, yes,  a choice, to determine the direction of the nation.  It's the power of the people, y'all!  I've heard this term before, "pro-government", as in "Oh, I am pro-government." What does that even mean? Do you even know what  makes a government?

I'm not usually someone who talks much about politics, but in the heat of the moment, I cannot resist.  TEEHEE

No comments:

Post a Comment